Living with Anxiety
Anxiety can come and go throughout a person's life. At times it can seem to have disappeared, while others it may feel as though it is all encompassing. There are several symptoms of anxiety including:
- memory issues
- stomach issues
- panic attacks
- needing reassurance
- lack of patience
- trouble concentrating
- constant worrying
- trouble breathing
- rapid heartbeat
If you identify with having multiple symptoms from above it may mean that you are experiencing anxiety.
Strategies to successfully live with Anxiety:
1. Talk about it - don't suffer is silence. Identify a friend, family member or counsellor to speak with.
2. Rationalize - anxiety makes you believe in the worst case scenario constantly - don't believe it.
3. Routine is important - create a schedule that feeds your needs.
4. Schedule things - don't put off stressful things indefinitely - make a plan.
5. Mindful and mindless activities - do things that lessen anxiety - not increase it.